At German Farmers Mutual Insurance Association, we value you as a customer and we know how important your privacy is. We will inform you of our policies for collecting, using, securing, and sharing customer information the first time we do business and every year you remain a policyholder with us.
OUR PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
• We do not sell customer information.
• We require any person or organization providing products or services on our behalf to protect customer information.
• We extend to former and prospective customers the same protections as existing customers.
• We maintain, update and monitor our physical, electronic and procedural safeguards for your protection.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We collect, use and share information we need to conduct our business, to advise your of our products and services, and to provide you with customer service. We may collect and maintain several types of customer information needed for these purposes, such as those listed below.
Types of information we may collect and how we gather it:
- From you; on applications for our insurance products; from other policies or products you have with us, or on other forms, through telephone or in-person interviews, and your Mutual agent.
- From your transactions or experiences with us; such as your payment history and underwriting and claim records.
- From organizations, or consumer reporting agencies, such as your driving record, claim history or credit information.
For those visiting our website, if applicable.
We want you to be aware of how we use “cookies” to enhance your experience when visiting www.germanfarmers.com. Our “cookies” are only used when visiting our website. Your “cookies” do not tell us your email address or any other personally identifiable information. Only you can provide that information if you choose to do so. “Cookies” helps us understand your website usage, so we can continually improve its usability.
We may share information about our transactions and our experiences about you within our company, your agent and our reinsurer and its affiliated companies. We may also share information about you with persons or organizations inside or outside the Mutual as permitted or required by law. Organizations we may have a business relationship with include claim and inspection service companies, liability or auto insurance providers, auditors, computer vendors and other service providers whom with we have joint contractual agreements. These agreements assist us in providing the best possible service for you.
We may also share customer information with consumer reporting agencies, credit rating services and with other entities as needed to operate this mutual and to protect against fraud and unauthorized transactions. We do not sell customer information.
Thank you for choosing German Farmers Mutual Insurance Association. We value you as a customer and appreciate the opportunity to serve you.